HIGHGATE ACCOMMODATION, NEWTOWN
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Tariffs include bed linen, towels, central heating, water and electricity. There is no winter fuel charge or booking fee.
The Barn House can be let on a weekly or short break basis all year round. A minimum two night stay applies.
WIFI INTERNET AND MOBILE PHONE COVERAGE
- WIFI Internet is free, but cannot be guaranteed
- Vodafone, 3, T-Mobile, Virgin, Orange and O2 coverage is accessible from the grounds.
- Baby under 2: cot, No charge.
- Children and adults: full size single bed with linen and towel, £45 per stay.
To comply with UK law, smoking is not allowed in the Barn House.
Please call us to discuss your requirements.
An agreement incorporating these terms and conditions are formed when you make a booking by telephone, post or email.
- A deposit of 10% is payable at the time of making the booking.
- The balance of the cost of your holiday/visit is due 28 days before you arrive.
- If payments are not received when due we reserve the right to re-let your booking.
CANCELLATION AND INSURANCE
- Once you have made a booking you have entered into a legal contract.
- The deposit is non-returnable and/or at the discretion of the owners.
- If you cannot take your booking for whatever reason you should inform us immediately.
- If you cannot take your booking we will try to re-let the property but if the property cannot be re-let you will be liable to pay the full cost of your booking, even if you cancel before paying the balance.
- If we succeed in re-letting the property we will refund the balance paid.
- Since you might be liable for the full cost of your booking if you cancel, we strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance for your holiday.
- The Barn House will be ready for you from 3pm on the day of your arrival unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- There is plenty of parking at the Barn House.
- Each of the 5 bedrooms in the Barn House has a key to that bedroom plus a key to the rear door.
We do not have mains drainage so please do not use biological washing products.
- Please vacate the Barn House by midday on the day of your departure (Sat / Sun) and 10:00am Monday – Friday.
- We do expect our properties to be left in a clean and tidy condition (i.e. plates/cutlery put away, fridge emptied and cleaned, worktops wiped down, floors swept, rubbish and recycling bagged and put out).
£15 may be charged for additional cleaning charge for dogs.
DAMAGE AND BREAKAGES
- You are responsible for paying to remedy any breakages or damage you cause to the properties. Please report these as soon as possible and before you leave or we reserve the right to send you an invoice which will include an administration charge.
- Occasional damage and breakage is unavoidable and for this reason we do not normally charge for minor breakages (e.g. glassware, crockery) provided these are reported before you leave (there is no need to report minor breakages immediately).
Should you find any faults or problems with the Barn House or have any complaints during your stay please advise us of these immediately (rather than at the end of your stay) so that any appropriate action can be taken.
UNAVAILABILITY OF THE BARN HOUSE
- We will cancel your holiday only if the property is unavailable for reasons beyond our reasonable control or (because this is a family-run business) in extenuating family circumstances.
- We will attempt to offer you alternative accommodation either with ourselves or other accommodation providers in the area. If this is either not possible or is unacceptable to you then we will refund to you all monies paid for your booking. Our liability to you will not extend beyond this refund.
We make every effort to ensure that the information and descriptions contained on our website are accurate but we reserve the right to make changes and we accept no liability for minor inaccuracies.
- Our liability for damage, loss or injury including loss or damage to vehicles and their contents and to the personal possessions you bring with you is excluded as far as permitted by law.
- All play equipment must be supervised by an adult at all times and is used at own risk. The proprietors accept no responsibility or liability for any injury or loss resulting from the use of play equipment.
- All guest pets remain the responsibility of their owners at all times. Liability is not assumed in any way whatsoever by the proprietors for pets belonging to guests.
- We reserve a right of access to the Barn House at any time during your booking.
- For insurance reasons bookings are not interchangeable. For the same reason the property should not be sub-let nor should the number of persons in occupation exceed the sleeping accommodation provided.